Some like it hot
The dog days of summer can take the fire out of your garden, fading brilliant colors and leaving lush, healthy foliage looking dull and listless. Luckily, there are plenty of plants available that thrive in the heat, allowing you to create a landscape that will stand out beautifully during the hottest season of the year. With a huge selection of heat-tolerant trees, shrubs, and perennials from which to choose, you'll find whatever you need to fill every corner of your garden. Tips for gardening in particularly hot, dry climates:
- Water with a drip system whenever possible -- soak the bed slowly and thoroughly to a depth of 10 to 12 inches.
- Watering deeply every 3 to 5 days is preferable to a shallow daily watering.
- Water in the early morning, so foliage has time to dry.
- Add a 2- to 3-inch layer of mulch or similar material to aid in water retention and help keep the roots cool during hot weather.
- Stunning Fall Colors!Trade Gallon (3qt) $69.95
- Whistling in the Wind!1-Quart $12.95
- Wonderful White!1-Quart $16.95
- Deep purple-blue blooms on a horizontal, low-spreading habit.1-Quart $19.95
- Silver Lining!1-Quart $14.95
- Compact, Late-Season Color!1-Quart $14.95
- Finish Your Garden off with a Cherry on Top!1-Quart $14.95
- Purple Wonderland!Pack of 10 Was $9.95Pack of 10 Now $7.96
- Coneflower Jewel!1-Quart $12.95
- Lemon Delight!Bareroot $14.95
- Passionate Pink!Bareroot $14.95
- Eye-Catching Color and Incredible Bloom Power!Bareroot $16.95
- A Pollinator Magnet with Dazzling Pink Blooms1-Quart $14.95
- Tough as Russian Winter!1-Quart $12.95
- Early Blooming, More Durable Tall Garden Phlox!1-Quart $12.95
- Early Blooming, Long-Lasting White Flowers!1-Quart $12.95
- Deep Purple Blooms Until Fall!1-Quart $12.95
- White Magic!1-Quart $12.95
- The Only Mini Hibiscus in the World!1-Quart Was $22.951-Quart Now $18.36
- Magical Appearance!1-Quart $19.95