Some like it hot
The dog days of summer can take the fire out of your garden, fading brilliant colors and leaving lush, healthy foliage looking dull and listless. Luckily, there are plenty of plants available that thrive in the heat, allowing you to create a landscape that will stand out beautifully during the hottest season of the year. With a huge selection of heat-tolerant trees, shrubs, and perennials from which to choose, you'll find whatever you need to fill every corner of your garden. Tips for gardening in particularly hot, dry climates:
- Water with a drip system whenever possible -- soak the bed slowly and thoroughly to a depth of 10 to 12 inches.
- Watering deeply every 3 to 5 days is preferable to a shallow daily watering.
- Water in the early morning, so foliage has time to dry.
- Add a 2- to 3-inch layer of mulch or similar material to aid in water retention and help keep the roots cool during hot weather.
- Rosy Pink Perfection!1-Quart $12.95
- Fiercely Colorful Butterfly Magnet!1-Quart $12.95
- Glossy Black Stems and Red Petioles!2-Quart $34.95
- Shifts in Color and Size!2-Quart $34.95
- Interesting Ruffled Petals!2-Quart $34.95
- Butterflies Adore this Glowing Orange Wonder!1-Quart $19.95
- Shines Like Yellow Gold!1-Quart $19.95
- Lives up to its name with bright, berry tones!1-Quart $16.95
- Butterflies love this electric color!1-Quart $16.95
- Long-blooming and Brilliantly Colorful!1-Quart $12.95
- Birds and Butterflies can't resist!2-Quart $24.95
- Orange Blooms Open with Lime-Green Centers!1-Quart $19.95
- All the shades of pink create a beautiful gradient pattern!Roses $26.95
- What a Winning Personality!2-Quart $26.95
- Light Up Your Landscape in Cardinal Red!2-Quart $26.95
- Just 2 to 3 feet high and wide!1-Quart $18.95
- Charming Powder Pink and Cream BlossomsBulb $9.95
- An Even Mix of Colors, Sizes and TexturesPack of 10 $12.95
- Breathtaking spring and fall foliage!As Low As $24.95
- Huge Double Blooms!Pack of 10 As Low As $12.95