Lime Ruffles Heuchera
Heuchera 'Lime Ruffles'
The Ruffles™ series was bred using Heuchera villosa to create larger leaves and more heat tolerance. 'Lime Ruffles' is the most vibrant of the series, with extremely large, ruffled leaves of such a neon lime-green that they seem to glow with their own chartreuse light. 'Lime Ruffles' works beautifully as a groundcover for shadier spots, and is also compact enough to work in containers, where the dazzling foliage makes a striking statement in any arrangement.
This Heuchera is a cross between 'Lime Marmalade' and 'Lime Rickey'. It features the same famous lime color on a rounder plant with distinctly larger leaves.
'Lime Ruffles' quickly grows to its mature size of 24 inches wide and only 11 inches tall (18 when in flower). In May and June, little pink flowers arise on slender green stems, attracting hummingbirds and butterflies. The thick, leathery foliage is tough enough to stand up to the elements and retain its beauty--in fact, the color only improves with sunlight.
'Lime Ruffles' can tolerate full sun in the North; in the South plant it in part to full shade and average soil. Let the plant dry out a bit between waterings--better too dry than too wet. Its high tolerance for drought, heat, and humidity makes it well-suited to the Deep South, though it is also hardy up to zone 4, and its foliage takes on a lovely tone in winter. Zones 4 to 9.
Coral Bells / Alum Root
Space plants 12 inches apart. Choose a sunny or lightly shaded, sheltered location where the soil is rich and well-drained.
Water during periods of drought. Apply a protective winter mulch once the ground has frozen. Plants may, if necessary, be divided every 3 to 4 years.
A Tradition of DistinctionSince its founding in 1920, Wayside Gardens has brought the rarest and highest-quality plants to the garden market. Wayside was founded in 1920 by two acclaimed growers who came together to pursue their shared vision of marketing all high-end plants for the serious garden enthusiast. Originally located in Mentor, Ohio, Wayside Gardens swiftly grew a reputation for the highest-quality plants and the most sophisticated clientele. In 1975, Wayside was purchased by the Park Seed Company, and moved to Hodges, SC. The company has flourished since then, growing to become an undisputed leader in rare and unique plant growing.
Unparalleled SelectionWayside's horticulturists travel the world in search of new and unusual plant cultivars and proudly offer the garden industry’s most sophisticated selection of high quality and rare perennial plants, bulbs, trees, shrubs, roses, vines, and indoor plants. Beginning with ties to the Dutch family bulb business in Holland, our horticulturists have developed close relationships with perennial and bulb growers throughout the United States and Europe, providing access to many rare and unique garden treasures. Throughout our history we have had the pleasure of introducing numerous exotic foreign and domestic plant cultivars to the American garden market. The Wayside collection of new and exclusive plant products is so preeminent that the catalog has long been lauded in the industry and is even used as a reference work in horticultural schools.
Impeccable Quality and Value – We Guarantee It!At Wayside Gardens, “pedigreed plants” and “root strength” have always been watchwords. The Wayside Gardens impeccable plant quality begins with selecting only the finest new product offerings with improved plant features and numerous advantages for our gardening customers. These improved plant selections are then grown to our exacting quality standards by garden industry professionals. This produces superior plants with well developed root systems and healthy, vigorous plant growth habits. That is why we proudly guarantee all Wayside Gardens' products to perform as advertised, being of superior quality, true to type, and shipped properly.
Larger Containers & Well Established Root SystemsWe use larger containers and grow bigger plants than other nurseries, leading to greater root strength. Where appropriate, Wayside Gardens propagates our plants vegetatively rather than from seed, to ensure the plants possess the correct form and are true to variety, like a true double form, as opposed to the single or semi-double forms that may result from seed propagation. Because we employ only the finest and most technologically advanced plant growing methods, you can be confident in receiving healthy plants ready to burst forth in glorious growth in your garden.
- Unique, well-established and vigorous growing plants offer greater value for your money than other nurseries.
- Dedicated to providing detailed plant care instruction and informative plant information to make your product selection and planting truly enjoyable.
- Trained horticulturists are on-call to offer you any help or advice you need on how to care for your plants.
- All Wayside plants are carefully packaged to ensure a safe arrival.
- Your plants will be shipped to you at the proper time for planting.
- Honored to be your first choice in horticulture.
- If your item has received our recommended care and still doesn't perform to your satisfaction, we will replace it free of charge or credit you the item’s cost.
- Wayside Gardens is committed to helping you make your gardening an exquisite experience.
Tips for gardening in particularly hot, dry climates:
1. Water with a drip system whenever possible – soak the bed slowly and thoroughly to a depth of 10" to 12".
2. Watering deeply every 3 to 5 days is preferable to a shallow daily watering.
3. Water in the early morning, so foliage has time to dry.
4. Add a 2- to 3-inch layer of mulch or similar material to aid in water retention and help keep the roots cool during hot weather.