To most areas of the United States, we offer several shipping methods and rates. Please note the time stated reflects the time your order is en route, and does not include order processing time.
- Live plant goods are processed, packed, and shipped at the proper planting time for your region.
- Accessories and hard goods will be processed, packed and shipped within 7 to 10 days.
- Please note that credit cards are billed at time of shipment.
- Your order may arrive in separate boxes, and in this case all shipping charges will be applied at the time of shipment. This will not affect your total shipping charges.
- There are no shipping and handling charges associated with the purchase of Gift Certificates.
- An order cannot be cancelled once it has been prepared for shipping.
- Amazon payment is a prepaid payment option available to customers shipping items to one address. Shipping to multiple addresses is not currently supported. If shipping to one address, our system will detect this and display the option for you to use your Amazon account as a payment type. If our system detects that you are shipping to more than one address, it will not display this payment option. Orders placed using Amazon Pay are billed immediately and are not eligible for our reserve now, pay later feature.
The following options may be presented to you upon checkout:
- Standard Shipping (BestWay) - Wayside's BestWay is always your least expensive option and may take about 5-7 days en route after leaving our building.
- Express Shipping - This option is a 2nd Day service, which means your plants get from our door to yours more quickly and spend less time sitting in mail trucks! Express shipping charges are in addition to standard shipping and handling charges. Please Note: Our express shipping option requires a physical address.
|BestWay to the US and Canada |
package is en route 5-7 days after leaving our building
|Merchandise Subtotal||Shipping and Handling Charge|
|from $9.95 to $24.94||$9.95|
|from $24.95 to $35.94||$11.95|
|from $35.95 to $45.94||$13.95|
|from $45.95 to $65.94||$15.95|
|from $65.95 to $74.94||$17.95|
|from $74.95 to $84.94||$19.95|
|from $84.95 to $99.94||$22.95|
from $99.95 to $124.94
from $124.95 to $149.94
$149.95 and over
|19% of merchandise subtotal|
|2-Day & Overnight Service |
Wayside Gardens is pleased to offer this expedited service for all customers. Please note: Express shipping charges are subject to change, are per delivery address, and are in addition to standard shipping and handling charges.
|Express Option||Express Charge|
|Garden Fresh Express|
|Annual plants marked as Garden Fresh Express (symbol shown at right) receive Express Shipping at no extra charge, so that your plants arrive in peak condition and ready to plant. Standard delivery rates apply — see Standard Shipping and Handling Chart above. Select the 'Ground' shipping option in your cart and the qualifying plants will be automatically upgraded when your order ships.|
Potted & Bareroot Plants
9 and South
|Accessories and hard goods will be processed, packed and shipped promptly. |
• Actual ship dates vary with weather conditions including temperatures, in your area and ours.
• Some products may be shipped separately due to timing or special handling requirements.
• Drop ship items are shipped directly from our suppliers. Extra time may be required for delivery.
Alaska and Hawaii
For shipments to Alaska and Hawaii, an additional $20.00 air freight surcharge per order will be added to the above charges.
We presently cannot accept orders for shipment of live plant goods outside of the 48 Contiguous United States and Alaska. Be sure to read the shipping restrictions that may apply to these states and territories.
Restrictions & Quarantines
Restrictions and Quarantines
inside the 48 Contiguous United States
Due to state quarantines, we may be unable to ship certain varieties of plant and bulb material to some states. These restrictions are issued by individual State Agricultural Departments and not by Wayside. Individual state quarantines and restrictions are noted in the product description for each product, where applicable.
To make your browsing experience more enjoyable, please log in or enter your US postal zip code into our Zip-to-Zone calculator before browsing our site for plant and bulb material. This enables us to flag restricted items in your shopping cart so that you know immediately that this item will not be available to ship to you and you may wish to make another selection.
If you have chosen not to log in or utilize our Zip-to-Zone feature, restricted items will be noted and removed from your order during the checkout process.
Restrictions and Quarantines
outside the 48 Contiguous United States
Unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee successful results of plant and bulb material shipped outside of the 48 Contiguous States. Some items may be shipped "at your own risk", meaning that your purchases will not be covered by our guarantee, though experienced gardeners may still have successful results.
At this time we cannot ship live plant material outside the areas specifically stated below due to national and international agricultural restrictions. These general restrictions are not noted in the individual product descriptions. If you are placing an order to be shipped to an address outside of the 48 Contiguous US, please read the following or call us toll free at 1-800-845-1124 (or for local calls use 1-864-330-2004) for more details:
- We can ship bulbs and plants to Alaska at your own risk.
- We can ship bulbs but not plants to Hawaii at your own risk.
- We are unable to ship live plant material and supplies to Canada at this time.
- We are unable to ship to APO & FPO addresses.
If you have items in your cart that cannot be sent to your shipping address, these items will be noted and removed from your order during the checkout process.
Please note: All orders must be shipped by air to Alaska and Hawaii. An additional charge for air freight will apply.
Inevitably, we do run out of some items. Our customers have asked us to select comparable alternatives. Our horticulturists choose items of equal or greater value to replace the original plants.